For many of us, freelance writing is the dream.
To be able to run our own business doing something we love — writing — is a dream come true. And the good news is that there are virtually no gatekeepers to breaking into this profession.
- No formal degree or education is required.
- No formal experience is required.
- The only requirement is you.
From the Archives
How to Become a Freelance Writer
A quick-start guide to help you get started.
If you want to become a freelance writer, there has never been a better time — just check out some of these freelance statistics.
More businesses than ever before are hiring freelance writers — it's a side effect of the fact that blogging and content marketing have become crucial to success for businesses of all sizes.
And, let's face it, freelance writers make it look easy, don't they?
Just sit down, write and get paid.
It takes more than deciding you want to get paid to write and then asking people to pay you to write.
Must Read Articles About Freelance Writing:
Latest Articles on Freelance Writing
More Freelance Writing Articles:
- Using the new Clubhouse App for Writers
- The Complete Guide to Finding Freelance Writing Jobs
- 5 Steps to Marketing Yourself as a Freelance Writer
- Are Freelance Bidding Sites the Empowering Solution They Claim to Be for 2020?
- Should You Use a Pseudonym? Things to Consider Before Choosing a Pen Name.
- How to Create a Rate Card for Freelance Writing
- Antiracist Resources for Freelance Writers
- How to Create a Workflow for Your Freelance Writing Business That Will Rock
- Freelance Writing Introverts in Social Media Marketing: Can we Succeed?
- 10 Steps to Pull Yourself Back Up and Relaunch when you want to Give Up
- 7 Surefire Self-Care Tips for Social Distancing as a Freelance Writer
- The Number 1 Freelance Writing Mistake to Avoid
- Freelance Ghostwriting: Life as an Invisible Author
- 10 Free Tools for Freelance Writers
- What's the Difference Between a Ghostwriter and a Content Writer?
Need to Get your Freelance Writing Business up and Running Fast?
If you're tired of hearing all those lame stories about how new freelance writers have to pay their dues before they can seek out higher-paying clients, then this course is for you.
It's not enough to love writing. It's not enough to set up a profile on a job board site.
It's not even enough to be a great writer.
If you really want to set yourself up to be a successful freelance writer, you've got to know how to set up and run a business. And that means:
- Writing a business plan
- Making some difficult but necessary mindset shifts
- Learning the key skills your clients are after
- Learning how to stand out the right way
Plus, you'll get my best tips on how to send those cold pitch emails to get new clients (psst, I'll even give you a couple of my best templates).