Remote (Europe, Eastern US & Canada or South America) / Full-time
We are a fast growing team on a mission to reimagine the analytical workflow and make data accessible to all. Count is a collaborative data analysis platform built around notebooks. It gives data teams the perfect workflow for SQL analysis, letting them get more from their data and publish their results as beautiful, interactive data apps that allow faster, more informed decision-making.
We launched in beta earlier this year and we’re now looking for talented individuals to help us shape the direction of all areas of the business. Come and build the future of analytics with us!
What you’ll do
We are looking for someone to drive forward entire sections of our product roadmap, with a focus on developing new features. You’ll work closely with our founders to define the product’s direction and talk to users to understand their needs. There’ll be opportunity to take on leadership and mentoring roles as the team grows
Our stack is built on modern technologies and engineering principles. For the notebook UI we use TypeScript and React/Redux to take advantage of established UI patterns. Visuals are rendered using our own WebGL library, which allows us to have full control over performance. On the backend, our main API server is also written in TypeScript and we use Kubernetes, Firebase and Redis for scalability. The application is deployed on GCP and we use Travis for CI/CD.
Some of the projects you could work on include:
- Enriching our reactive notebook with intelligent autocomplete and other features that supercharge the SQL workflow
- Building a GPU-accelerated visualization framework that produces highly aesthetic, customizable and performant charts and maps
- Enabling a highly collaborative environment through multiplayer editing and commenting systems
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience shipping features as a full-stack engineer
- Have proactive communication skills and a collaborative approach towards solving problems
- Are interested in the future of data analytics and visualization
Our interview process will cover:
- An initial conversation so you can ask any questions you have about Count and we can learn more about your experience and interests
- A working session with our engineers, where we’ll dive into the stack and work with you through a technical challenge that we have faced recently
- A final meeting with our founders
The working session and final meeting will take place either virtually or in London, depending on where you’re based.
Life at Count
Count is a fully remote company, but despite that we’re all pretty close. Our work is important to us, and we know we work best when we actively maintain a good work-life balance. The team is currently based all over the UK but we are looking for others to join us from anywhere in Europe or eastern United States.
We’re backed by some of Europe’s best investors allowing us to offer a competitive employment package. Some of the benefits of working at Count include:
- Competitive salary, pension and share options
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday (plus public holidays)
- Private health care
- Generous parental leave
- An annual working from home allowance and personal development budget
- Quarterly meetups with the team to relax and brainstorm, each time in a different city
We’re committed to building a diverse team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability, we want to hear from you.
If you’re unsure whether to apply (or just want to ask a question) please get in contact.