Headquarters: Houston, TX
FlightAware is looking for a mobile software engineer to join our mobile team developing our iOS flight tracking apps. These apps serve almost 2 million users a month and gain 5,000 new users each day. The apps are backed by the most comprehensive flight-tracking data and intelligence in the industry. We process over 50 million incoming messages an hour from over 30,000 individual data feeds—over 175 gigabytes a day and growing—to provide the best, most complete, and most accurate real-time flight-tracking service in the industry.
Regardless of role, we expect excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all hires at FlightAware. We look for candidates who will thrive here, meaning they demonstrate clear communication, embrace open feedback, trust their colleagues, and are driven to execute, deliver, and complete projects independently and efficiently.
This is a full-time role. Our team is headquartered in Houston, Texas, but we work as a distributed team and accept remote applicants.
- 2+ years professional experience with development and maintenance of iOS applications
- Deep knowledge of Swift and Xcode
- Solid understanding of memory management with and without ARC
- Experience communicating with web services
- Experience with Git, including branching and merging strategies
- Experience with scripting languages, SQL, visual design skills a plus