About the role
- Write 1500+ word story-based blog posts about your experiences, customer support, startups, and remote life
- Identify and act on opportunities to do partner marketing (e.g. guest posts, etc.)
- Write research-driven guides and other long-form educational content to educate our users
- Update our website copy to optimize for SEO and readability
- Design and improve customer onboarding sequences
- Keep our help documentation up to date in response to customer queries and new features
- Create content for social media (including sourcing interesting articles to share)
- Answering user queries by email
- Creating short screencast and talking head videos
- Run live video demos to explain the product in its entirety to prospective users
- ~ 28 paid vacation days per year. Take the time you need to be healthy and happy. We’re not counting—this is honor based.
- One fully-paid team retreat. We’ll go somewhere nice for a week and HelpDocs’ll pick up all your expenses.
- $300/m healthcare stipend toward private health insurance
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- $70/m towards a gym membership or other fitness activities
- $2k equipment allowance given every 3 years.
- You have a personality and you’re not afraid to show it 🦄✨
- You’re fluent (like a native) in English and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You communicate thoughtfully and inclusively. You take what others say with positive intent. Even if you think they’re being an asshole.
- You see diversity and inclusion as something to be celebrated. Something non-negotiable. That translates to the language you choose, your attitude towards other people, and to your deliverables at work.
- You’re not afraid of getting your hands dirty in different areas of the business
- You thrive on direct feedback, positive and negative, and are constantly working to be the best you can be. You’re happy giving direct feedback too.
- You’re a self-starter. Working in the gray with a ton of uncertainty doesn’t phase you.
- You’re happiest working remotely and have been doing so for at least a year
- You have experience communicating asynchronously across timezones through tools like Twist, Threads, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- You’re passionate about your work and customer-focused
- You have access to rock-solid high speed internet and love showing your face on video calls with the team and customers
- You want to treat HelpDocs as your full time role, you aren’t currently studying, and you don’t want this as a side gig alongside another role or freelancing.
- You have 1+ year(s) experience writing content professionally (ideally for a SaaS company)
- You’re excellent at turning complex ideas into simple words to explain to users
- You’re comfortable working with SEO tools like Ahrefs or Moz
- You have a lot of ideas for content and have a passion for writing in general
- You use inclusive language in your writing by default