Headquarters: Chicago, IL
Otus is creating a culture of success while maximizing learning in the K-12 space. We do this by implementing amazing ideas from awesome people and we need more awesomeness on our team. Are you passionate, collaborative, love to geek out on technology, and want to work for a mission-driven company that is shaping the way teachers, students and parents of students learn together? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our diverse team consists of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders who share a variety of interests. You’ll find musicians, world travelers, beer enthusiasts, nerds, sports fans, and all-around great people who shape our positive culture.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Sr Full Stack Application Engineer to help bring the best possible software solutions to educators.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technologies, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to immediately contribute and see the results of your work in use by students, teachers, parents and district administrators across the country.
- Collaborate with engineers, UI/UX designers, and product owners to build & ship new features and maintain/enhance existing ones
- Lead technical projects and initiatives for your team, breakdown business requirements to technical work, research solutions, and guide implementation
- Mentor other engineers on solutions and implementation, and model high quality development
- Become an expert in the road maps and implementation for your product features
- Hands-on development across FE, BE; contributing in shipping working software and supporting it in production
- 7+ years of development experience
- You have at least 2 projects that have seen regular high amounts of traffic (~2000 concurrent users)
- You have at least 1 project consisting of multiple Node.js microservices, Typescript is a plus
- You have at least 1 project consisting of an Angular 7+ SPA
- You have at least 1 project requiring modeling & querying in an RDMS (MySQL, Postgres)
- You have at least 1 project you’ve lead on full stack implementation
- You have worked full-time remote, on a distributed/remote team
- You deliver your code to production and address production issues
Nice to Haves
- Experience with backend frameworks such as Nest, Koa or Sails
- Experience working with and migrating legacy code bases
- Experience with building & integrating CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with edtech products and services
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and employee stock options
- 22 days of paid vacation per year
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave and great work/life balance
- Our team works remotely from the comfort of their homes (HQ in Chicago)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Professional development/tuition reimbursement
- Home office improvement budget
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.