Disclosure: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you click a link and purchase something I have recommended. While clicking these links won't cost you any extra money, they will help me keep this site up and running and keep it ad-free! Please check out my disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your support!
As many of you know, I am a bit of a tool collector. I am always on the hunt for a tool that will make my life easier, more organized, or all around more streamlined. So, a short while ago, when Visme approached me and offered me access to check out some of their amazing features, I jumped at the chance. Truth be told, I had been wanting to write up a review of Visme for a long time. Well, Visme and a few dozen other tools. But, alas, that list of tools is a lot longer than there are days in my week.
And guess what, they didn't even have to ask me to review it. It's that good.
Many bloggers are always on the hunt for nice infographic examples and graphics templates they can use. Bloggers want beautiful, professional-looking graphics but don't always have the money to hire graphic designers. The need to share and promote our blog content is growing everyday. Not just in the form of social media graphics, but all sorts of graphics, videos, infographics, reports… This has led to a whole new industry: easy, web-based graphics software made for people who are not graphic designers.
What is Visme?
Okay, so, let's start at the top with What is Visme?
Most of you are probably familiar with graphics programs like Canva, PicMonkey, RelayThat, and DesignWizard. (All amazing tools, by the way). And while the instinct is to compare Visme to these graphics programs, the truth is that Visme is a lot more than that.
Visme is a tool to help you create visual content. I don't mean just graphics — I mean tools to help present your content in an engaging, visual context through:
- Web Graphics
- Graphs and Charts
- Printables (such as Flyers)
- Survey Results
- Scatter Plots
I mean, the list just goes on and on!!
Visme empowers you to communicate visually. Just about any story you could want to tell, you can do so in a visually appealing and engaging way thanks to Visme.
How Easy is Visme to Use?
Visme makes visual content a breeze to create. There are plenty of templates to help get you started, like this one, which I built in about 5 minutes from one of their many infographic examples:
Visme's one-click interface makes editing a template easy: just click and make your edits. You can change words, colors, icons in seconds.
Not only that, but you can also easily add or remove blocks, images, logos, and branding – ensuring that your visual creation accurately reflects you.
And one of the best parts is the ability to share your creations.
Like a lot of graphics programs, Visme allows you to download your creations so you can upload them to your website or social media channels. But you can also embed them into your site – which unlocks the ability to track and measure your creations' analytics.
Yea, analytics. You know what a sucker I am for numbers.
Being able to create nice graphics is, well, it's nice. It's necessary. But let's be honest, there are all sorts of tools, both free and paid, that help you with that. Being able to track how well your visual content is performing is monumental.
And that's not all. You can also publish your creations straight to the web, making them indexable by Google. Yea, you read that right. I created the infographic example pictured above for my blog post, How to Get Started in Affiliate Marketing as a Freelance Writer. Yes, I downloaded it to be used in that blog post as a pinnable image that someone might want to share to Pinterest, but I also published it straight to the web.
Once shared, Visme starts tracking. You can then log into your dashboard at any time and check out how your creation is performing:
From there, you can get an idea of how well your creation is performing, how many people have seen it, and where those people were when they saw it.
Yea, pretty cool, right?
My Favorite Parts
Like every tool, Visme has an array of features that sets it apart. So, here is a list of some of my favorites:
- It's suitable for anybody and everybody. No matter what industry you're in, there are templates and examples available for you. Want to teach someone the ins and outs of nail care? There's an infographic for that. Want to present your findings after a year of testing your favorite blog metrics? There's a template for that.
- Very small learning curve. Sure, someone starts talking about publishing and analytics, and it's easy to imagine that the tool would be hard to learn at best and completely overwhelming (not to mention overkill) at worst. After all, if all you are really after is an easy tool to create infographics, then do you really need analytics? (Yes, you still do, but that's another blog post). Thankfully, Visme is easy to learn and even easier to use.
- Straightforward pricing. I love numbers. And I even really love math (it has always been one of my favorite subjects) — but not when I'm trying to determine how much money a tool is going to cost me. I hate being nickel-and-dimed into the poorhouse. And sometimes, between hidden fees and upgrade costs, that's exactly how some of these tools feel.
- Endless training and inspiration. Visme has an array of training materials, a blog, and tutorials to help you create anything you need quickly and easily. Not only that, but they also share information regarding visual strategy, statistics, and best practices to help you make sure that the content you're creating will perform for you.
So, is There Anything I Don't Like?
As much as I love Visme, there are a couple of features that I would love to see integrated at some point in time.
- Because of the way the layers work inside the editor, sometimes I have a hard time selecting the exact piece that I want to edit, move, or change. In some of the more complicated infographic examples, I had to move layers in order to select the layer I was trying to edit, then try to place the other layers back in their original spaces after I finished my edits.
- Not all of their social graphics are ideally sized. For example, their Pinterest templates are all 735×1102, which was the recommended size last year but no more. I can't really hold this against Visme, though, because keeping up with the ever-changing dimensions of social media graphics is practically a full-time job itself. But if you wanted to use Visme to handle your social media graphics, then it is something I thought you should maybe know about so you could remember to resize your images.
The Bottom Line, Is Visme Worth the Price?
In a nutshell: absolutely.
Of course, for me just about anything that offers you additional insights into your audience's behavior and engagement is worth paying for. Analytics is what makes this Internet-dependent world go round. But, I have to tell you, if you're going to get signed up for Visme, go straight for the Complete Package. The complete package offers the most value, including:
- The ability to put together a brand kit, so you can upload and use your own fonts, create color palettes, and even create your own branded templates,
- Unlimited projects,
- The ability to collect and store leads,
- The ability to record audio with your content,
- The ability to create folders to organize your creations, and so much more.
Of course, like any good tool, Visme also has a way for you to check it out for free! Just sign up for their free plan and you can start creating visual content that is stunning and effective, with only a few limitations. Either way, if you want to save hours and hours of time creating content without spending hours and hours learning how to use a new program, then Visme is definitely the answer.